Here’s our latest collection of hip hop quotes from none other than the the legend, Ice Cube.
I’ve always loved Ice Cube, but the new movie ‘Straight Outta Compton’ reminded me of his life and his work, so we’ve decided to create a post dedicated to the best Ice Cube quotes.
In 2017, Ice Cube’s net worth is estimated to be $140 million, showing just how impressive his career has been.
We’ve put together this collection of the most inspirational Ice Cube quotes:
1. “I do what I do. You like it, great. You don’t, go listen to somebody else. I’m stickin’ with the people that stuck with me.” – Ice Cube
2. “The worst thing you can do about a situation is nothing.” – Ice Cube
3. “Just wakin’ up in the morning gotta thank god.” – Ice Cube
4. “Drink some coffee, put some gangsta rap on, and handle it.” – Ice Cube
5. “You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.” – Ice Cube
6. “Nothing wrong with being from the hood, but I’d rather my kids be visitors than residents.” – Ice Cube
7. “Truth is the ultimate power. When the truth comes around, all the lies have to run and hide.” – Ice Cube
8. “I can’t believe, today was a good day.” – Ice Cube
9. “I love music. It’s freedom, a way to deal with pent-up frustration.” – Ice Cube
10. “Don’t worry about being a star, worry about doing good work, and all that will come to you.” – Ice Cube
11. “The moral is that a career can be gone in an instant. And all you have in this world are the people you love.” – Ice Cube
12. “Doing it your own way, not having to go exactly by the book to be successful.” – Ice Cube
13. “I think reading is important in any form. I think a person who’s trying to learn to like reading should start off reading about a topic they are interested in, or a person they are interested in.” – Ice Cube
14. “I have a really beautiful life right now, so there is no reason to be hostile. I’m a husband, a father and a man who tries to do the right thing in life and in my work.” – Ice Cube
15. “I have great people, smart people that are around me and we love the challenge. I guess it’s like climbing a mountain or building a building. It’s a challenge but you love every challenge that it brings or presents itself.” – Ice Cube
16. “Music is where I have the most creative freedom, but I love producing. To me, that’s kind of where all the action is. You get a chance to have your hands in every aspect of a film. From picking a director, sometimes picking a writer, to the actors, the wardrobe, set design, editing, music, and marketing.” – Ice Cube
17. “You don’t wanna mess up what you’ve done. It’s like Jordan coming back: You’re scared to mess up the legacy.” – Ice Cube
18. “My grandmother worked at one of those Bel-Air mansions, and we would go – not too often, but every now and then – to pick her up. Hollywood was probably 12 miles from my house, but it might as well have been a million miles away. The only time I saw that world was on TV. Until I started making records.” – Ice Cube
19. “I am only 33, I’ve got a lot to do. This is the first half of my career. I’m looking forward to the future and I’m proud about the past.” – Ice Cube
20. “If you think about stuff that happened when you were young, it stays with you forever.” – Ice Cube